WHAT WE DO
High Performing Teams
Our breadth of experience from business, sport and the military gives our clients access to a unique perspective
We work with teams at all levels of the organisation, from project teams to senior leader teams to frontline service teams. In all cases our focus is in strengthening the talents they have whilst developing the areas that require improvement. Our experience and techniques work across all industries, commercial and non-commercial organisations including sports, government and non-profits.
Teams we have worked with include: Team GB Olympic Squad, Formula 1 motor racing teams, Premiership rugby and Premier League football teams, county cricket squads, UK Government departments, overseas government bodies in such places as Jordan and Oman, the Walking with the Wounded charity, and many more. We have a long-established and ongoing partnership with Sports Industry developing their “NextGen” of emerging sports industry leaders.
How We Do It
For existing teams, we first measure the present state looking particularly at:
- Group identity
- Sense of shared purpose
- Ability to act together as one
We then develop the existing team (or a new team) to the desired state using:
- A variety of approaches – drawing on analogies from the military, sporting and business worlds.
- Experiential development – allowing people to experience high performance rather than just be told what it should feel like.
- Thought and debate – looking critically at the experiential phase, drawing conclusions around the interplay of leadership, followership and partnership in teams.
- An inspiring environment – such as the Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst
Our facilitation team are highly engaging, often challenging and hugely experienced, but above all they are practical and pragmatic in their approach.
“The session spent with IDG at Sandhurst for the Women’s Squad of GB Rowing Team was invaluable… The way that Leadership and Teamwork were highlighted was vital as they are so important in elite team sports.
“The challenge is to get the best out of the individual athlete and combine those athletes’ abilities to make the best possible team. IDG’s broad experience in these areas made the training great fun and perfectly aligned.”
Heather Stanning OBE, Olympic Gold Medallist
Creating High Performing Teams
Building high performing teams in the workplace faster than the competition is the way world-class performance. We understand the value of teams, and believe that in order to be ‘High Performing’, a team must have the following components:
- Clear objectives
- Clarity of roles
- Pace and urgency
- Proactively understanding needs
- Managing the relationship
- Going the extra mile
- Develop individually and as a team
- Optimise all resources
- Regularly review actions and processes
- Develop deeper understanding
- Apply sensitivity
- Mutual encouragement
Courage of their convictions
- Risk taking
- Asking for forgiveness not permission
Always mindful of morale
- Celebrate success
- Reward and recognition
- Fun and motivation
We'd love to hear from you.
Search Our Site
Please complete the form below to get in touch.
Alternatively, you can email or call our London, Sandhurst, India, Oman or Dubai offices direct using the buttons below the form.
Please visit our Policy Centre to read our policies on Privacy, GDPR, Corporate Social Responsibility and Anti-bribery and Corruption.