K2 Expedition 2018
Location: Camp 3 on K2
Currently up in Camp 3 having a rest day. Depending on conditions, may either go to Camp 4 (c8000m) tomorrow, or wait another 24 hours. Have lots of food, gas and oxygen and weather is looking good for the weekend – it just depends how deep the snow is on the shoulder, and the ease of fixing the ropes through the bottleneck and along the traverse and towards the summit.
Some other teams can’t make up their minds if they want to go up or down, which is frustrating, as it may affect the size of the rope fixing team up high. Other than that, weather looking better this weekend, our spirits are high and we hope this weekend will yield results!
To give you an idea of what Jake is experiencing, below is a video he made when he was at Camp 3 on Broad Peak. It was made last week when he was preparing to make a solo summit attempt – after you have watched the video, you can read all about that here.
Use the form below to sign up for regular newsletters on Jake’s progress.
Please note that initially this will be a weekly or bi-weekly email, but during Jake’s climb the frequency will increase. You will not be sent any other emails and we will not share your email address with anyone else.
[gravityform id=”24″ title=”false” description=”false”]
Share this page:
Why are we so reluctant to accept ‘difference’? You probably don’t need me to tell […]Read More
Here’s the thing. Most managers & leaders have got to their position by doing well […]Read More
Any organisation’s performance and culture is significantly affected at every level by the quality and […]Read More
How did you choose your leadership persona? Or did it perhaps chose you? Many managers […]Read More
Royal Berkshire Hotel
+44 (0) 207 798 2848
Tower 2, Montreal Business Center
+91 955 271 5800
PO Box 1982, P.C. 111
Maktabi 1 Building,
The Sultanate of Oman
+971 56896 4262
+971 50550 8482
Cape Town, ZA
+27 (0) 21 492 7300