Head of Business Development & General Manager (UAE)
Job Vacancy: Head of Business Development & General Manager (UAE)
About the Role
The Inspirational Development Group (IDG) is a leadership and business performance consultancy. Our mission is to create measurable and sustainable change in individual and organisational behaviour. IDG understands the strategic importance of people development to how a business performs. In business for 20 years, we deliver programmes globally and our main office is at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst.
The role is responsible for the management of IDG’s services in the UAE, Saudi Arabia and across the GCC. Specifically, the role is tasked with developing revenue, overseeing the delivery of programmes, and managing the in-region team. Reporting directly to the Managing Director IDG, the role has P&L responsibility.
The role is likely to suit someone mid-career, with a passion for leadership and organisational performance, who is able to demonstrate success in winning business in the GCC.
- Leading the Business Development activity within the region. This will include networking, marketing, proposal development and pitching, and contract negotiation.
- Overseeing the execution of programmes to regional clients. Typically, these programmes may be delivered in country, in the UK, online, or a blended mix.
- P&L accountability for the financial performance of the region.
- Developing and executing the strategy for the region to support IDG’s strategic objectives.
- Developing and executing the annual business plan for the region.
- Managing the in-region team.
- Supporting IDG’s interests globally through communication, cooperation and creativity.
- 3+ years’ experience in similar role
- 3+ years’ experience of working and living within the GCC
- Great energy, drive and resourcefulness
- High commercial acumen
- Knowledge of the psychology of leadership
- Exceptional level of communication skills
- First-Class Account Management
- Strong influencing skills
- Technically competent
- Sandhurst Graduate (or similar)
- UAE – Dubai preferred