Head of Faculty: Leadership and Growth (Male) – Saudi Arabia
Job Vacancy: Head of Faculty: Leadership and Growth (Male) – Saudi Arabia
Misk School was founded by HRH Prince Mohammad Bin Salman and is a state-of-the-art day school in Riyadh imparting a world-class education based on the best practices of international and progressive education. A new school campus is currently under construction and due to be operational in 2022.
The school is currently boys only, but this is set to change over the next few years. Students will receive a day of learning in Leadership, and a day of Internship (career development) per week – further details of the curriculum appear at Annex A.
About the role
The position will start at the beginning of the next academic year (2021), candidates must be available to start employment from July 2021 for on-boarding purposes – or earlier in order to be involved in the development of the initial curricula.
The successful candidate will be a qualified academician and experienced educator who will be responsible for leading the faculty. In years 2021 and 2022 the faculty will comprise:
• Head of Faculty (this post)
• Two Leadership Instructors/Teachers
• Support Team of 3: Office/Project Manager, IT Support and Administrator – all provided by Misk
Purpose of Role to:
• ensure the quality of curricula provision in accordance with the aims of the School
• raise standards of student attainment and achievement
• lead, manage and develop the Faculty Team
• manage, and efficiently deploy, financial and physical resources
• work with the School leadership team to continuously improve the Faculty service
• Faculty ambassador acting as intermediary between Misk School, Faculty Staff and IDG.
• Establish and maintain high standards of curriculum design and delivery methodologies.
• Maintain a continuous improvement approach to the faculty by exploiting connections and collaborations within the School and external contacts/associations/educational bodies, etc.
• Build a high-performing team through energetic leadership, coaching and mentoring.
• Accountable for student growth, development, and performance in line with key performance
• Generous Ex-Pat Package including relocation allowance
Skills and Qualifications
• Teaching degree, or equivalent qualification in a specialised subject with a certificate in education
• Knowledge of leadership development and its application at the year 9-12 level
• 3+ years’ experience in similar Head of Department/School or Faculty role
• Experience of developing curricula and designing experiential learning materials
• Thorough knowledge of current best practices in learning and children’s education including safe- guarding and other relevant legal guidelines
• Strong networking skills and connections withing the education sector
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Will pass relevant background checks to gain entry to, and employment in, KSA
• Creative, positive with an energetic disposition
• Ability to attend/run outdoor activities e.g. command tasks
• Proficient with technology, including audiovisual devices and learning apps
Desirable not essential
• RMAS Commission with at least 5-years’ service
• Understanding of CMI qualifications and experience in assessing vocational achievement
• Knowledge/experience of the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme• Experience of working overseas ideally in the Middle East
• Outward bound qualifications
Misk School, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia