Leadership Instructor/Teacher (Male) – Saudi Arabia
Job vacancy: Leadership Instructor/Teacher (Male) – Saudi Arabia
The Inspirational Development Group (IDG) is a leadership and business performance consultancy. We have a unique opportunity to partner with Misk School in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) to provide leadership and internship development to Year 9 – 12 students.
Misk School was founded by HRH Prince Mohammad Bin Salman and is a state-of-the-art day school in Riyadh imparting a world-class education based on the best practices of international and progressive education. A new school campus is currently under construction and due to be operational in 2022.
The school is currently boys only, but this is set to change over the next few years. Students will receive a day worth of learning in Leadership per week, and a further day of Internship (career development).
About the Role
The position will start at the beginning of the next academic year (2021), candidates must be available to start employment from July 2021 for on-boarding purposes or earlier in order to be involved in the development of the initial curricula.
The successful candidate will be a qualified teacher and experienced educator. They will report to the Head of Faculty: Leadership and Growth. In years 2021 and 2022 the faculty will comprise:
• Head of Faculty
• Two Leadership Instructors/Teachers (this post)
• Support Team of 3: Office/Project Manager, IT Support and Administrator – all provided by Misk
Purpose of the role to:
• design, plan and deliver instructional lesson plans, activities and outdoor pursuits that facilitate active learning experiences
• create an engaging, supportive student-centric learning environment
• use relevant technology to support instruction
• observe and evaluate student’s performance and development
• deliver and assess the Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award
• deliver and assess the CMI Level 3 Diploma
• manage and develop the mentors and mentor programme
• keep updated with cutting edge developments in education and make relevant changes
The position requires the organisation and delivery of a wide range of experiential learning activities both indoors and out including the Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award. Instructors will be energetic, engaging and able to motivate young people to step outside their comfort zone.
• Foster interdisciplinary learning, teaching, and instruction according to national curriculum standards, and the educational needs and abilities of individuals and groups of students
• Create a classroom culture that is learner-centred, inclusive and positive.
• Plan, prepare and deliver lessons in accordance with the curricula, promoting the general progress and well-being of individual students and groups of students.
• Drive outstanding student achievement for all students and support colleagues in driving student achievement school wide.
• Communicate, cooperate, and consult with school staff, and parents/guardians in the students’ best interest.
• Utilize a wide variety of teaching methods to create differentiated opportunities for deep
understanding for all learners.
• Create and distribute educational supports, including reading material, activities, homework assignments, sharing lessons in a comprehensive manner, using visual/audio resources to facilitate interactive learning.
• Assess and evaluate student growth, creating action plans on class-wide, group-wide and individual basis in response to student, mentor, parent and work placement data.
• Assess, record, and report on the development of students using the agreed Competency Assessment Framework, Duke of Edinburgh Award criteria and CMI Assessment standards. Instructors will be trained to be assessors if not already qualified.
• Select, train and manage the Mentors who will be involved in supporting Internship/Career Development.
• Generous Ex-Pat Package including relocation allowance
Skills and Qualifications
• Teaching degree, or equivalent qualification in a specialised subject with a certificate in education
• Knowledge of leadership development and its application at the year 9-12 level
• 3+ years’ experience in similar role and prestige school
• Thorough knowledge of current best practices in learning and children’s education including safe- guarding and other relevant legal guidelines
• Experience in the design of experiential learning and creation of lesson plans
• Strong networking skills and connections withing the education sector
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Will pass relevant background checks to gain entry to, and employment in, KSA
• Creative, positive with an energetic disposition
• Physically fit and able to run outdoor activities e.g. games and command tasks
• Proficient with technology, including audio-visual devices and learning apps
Desirable not essential
• Experience of working overseas ideally in the Middle East
• Outward bound qualifications
Misk School, Riydah, Saudi Arabia