Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Environmental
IDG recognises the importance of respect for individuals and acknowledges its responsibilities in business, which are fundamental in running and developing our company. We therefore comply with the principles of sustainable development. This includes constantly assessing and improving the social, environmental and economic aspects of our activities.
Our guiding principles are:
- Minimise the environmental impacts of our activities, including pollution, and strive to continually improve environmental performance within the business
- Implement a property strategy that where practicable locates our offices and centres close to public transport routes and services to minimise our impact through transport
- Employ systems and procedures that ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations relating to the environment
- Promote sustainable development in partnership with our stakeholders by conserving energy, materials and resources through minimising consumption, maximising efficiency and effectively managing waste disposal
- Provide suitable employee training to enhance environmental awareness of the potential impacts from operations and the use of adequate control measures
- Introduce an Environmental Supply Chain Management to encourage suppliers to minimise the use of materials, energy or processes which may be harmful to the environment and comply with statutory and legal requirements
- Implement location specific safety and environmental plants for business activities including all aspects of property and facilities management operations
The participation and co-operation of all employees is vital to the success of this policy.