Leadership Enhancement and Development (LEAD) Programme
Multi-modular leadership development programme with psychometric analysis and business improvement projects for an Omani banks
A six-month multi-modular leadership development programme that teaches a range of different techniques and methodologies requested specifically to develop leadership behaviours. Includes application of diagnostics and psychometrics to ascertain effectiveness and ROI.
Established in 1984, the client is the one of the largest banks in Oman with over 65 branches across the Sultanate. It has consistently expanded its reach and products to offer its customers innovative solutions and currently has assets of $5.15 billion and a net worth of $587 million.
As part of a culture of innovation and continuous improvement, the client recognised the need to develop the future leaders of the bank. The brief was for a high-quality, innovative programme with a focus on improvement and collaboration. The CEO stated his wish that the next CEO would come from this programme.
IDG designed a series of intensive workshops and activities designed to provide participants with the skills, resources, and experiences necessary to become the future-ready leaders of the bank.
The participants are required to present business improvement recommendations for CEO consideration. They are provided with five project topics of direct relevance to the bank’s business areas as determined by their senior leaders.
Before the candidates embark on the programme, they are asked to complete an SDI survey and a 360 degree online assessment in order to develop greater self-awareness as leaders. There is then a second evaluation at the end of the programme. This can be used for personal evaluation as well as to address any improvement area proactively, promptly and systematically to ensure successful ROI.
Some of the key elements of the programme include:
- Personal Brand
- Reflection on psychometric surveys
- Leadership styles
- Practical coaching
- Balancing leadership roles
- Presentation skills
- Managerial activities and motivating
- Communication, trust and emotional intelligence
- Situational leadership
- Effective delegation
- Decision making
- Fostering high performing teams
- Diversity & Culture
- Coaching and motivating others
- Conflict and difficult conversations
- Managing poor performance
- Managing for results
- Recognizing stress, managing it
- Change Management
- Consolidate learning and action
- Problem analysis
- Personal development plan
- Courageous leadership
- Continuous improvement and forward planning
- Inspirational leaders
- A socialisation workshop to ensure participant’s Line Managers fully understand the programme and the part they can play in setting the conditions for participant’s success.
The collected analytical data has proven that the programme has successfully:
- Enhanced leadership effectiveness of particpants
- The delegates better equipped to initiate and/or support major changes within the bank
- Return on investment for the bank
As a result, the LEAD programme has been renewed twice since its inception two years ago.
I see IDG as an entity that has done this kind of programme in the past and are able to replicate their successes. We see the quality of the programmes that they run and the quality of the people that are involved are beyond our expectations in terms of delivery and in terms of commitment.
It’s unlike any other programme I have attended. It is beyond and above our expectations.